Saturday, January 23, 2016

Vocal Crush by: Lisa Swinton


ABOUT THE BOOK:
Can you ever out run a broken heart?
Lexi Court spent seven years traveling the world, living the nomadic Broadway life, in an attempt to outrun the broken heart Nick Rivers gave her. Now, there’s nowhere left to go.

When she accepted a position as a high school drama teacher in Las Vegas, Lexi hoped to get over Nick, find a nice guy, and settle down. But what should be a quiet summer gets turned upside down when Lexi's best friend, Taffy, drafts her to be an emergency replacement coach on a televised vocal competition.

Feeling out of her league among the other three celebrity coaches, Lexi fights for the most promising contestants to be on her team. One note from a single voice shatters her summer. Nick unexpectedly auditions and joins Lexi's team. With her vocal crush on him raging as strong as ever, she has nowhere to run from Nick’s dreamy looks or siren voice.

Lexi has no doubt that Nick can win the competition. The question is does he want to win her heart as well or will he damage it beyond repair?

Think television reality show The Voice meets Jane Austen’s Persuasion.
 
MY THOUGHTS:
I loved this book I couldn't put it down. I loved that Lexi was able to find such a great friend in Grant. It is always good to have someone to vent to. I understand Lexi wanting to run from the pain and not face the reality of what happened and I love that Nick finally manned up and was willing to fight for her. That is what every girl really wants a man to love them and to fight for them. This was a great book. Can't wait for the next one from Lisa so far I've loved them all! 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the wonderful review. I'm happy you enjoyed it. Please remember to share on Amazon and Goodreads. Many thanks! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always post all my reviews to Amazon, good reads, Barnes and Noble, my blog and Facebook!

      Delete