Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Tin Foil Tiaras: A Snow Valley Romance by: Jeanette Lewis

ABOUT THE BOOK:
Cameron Elliott has come to Snow Valley to coach Annalisa Drake in the Miss Snow Valley pageant, and prove to her demanding boss that she deserves a place at the prestigious Westbrooke Agency. But Annalisa’s handsome and protective big brother, Kyle, is determined to keep his sister from becoming a reluctant beauty queen. He insists some things are more valuable than a title and as crazy as it sounds, Cameron might just believe him.
 
MY THOUGHTS:
I can't relate much to the beauty pageant scene because I never did it myself. I know that it is a lot of pressure on girls. I see the same thing with my daughters’ friends that dance. Glad both she and I never did either. I also liked that the Author addressed cutting. It isn't something very widely talked about and I wish it could get out more because I had a niece that had some issues with it. I think if people knew more about it maybe it could be helped or even stopped. All in all I loved this addition to snow valley!

No comments:

Post a Comment