Wednesday, August 3, 2016

The Soldiers Bride by: Rachelle J. Christensen

ABOUT THE BOOK:
As WWII ration cards and battle scars become commonplace across America, it seems to Evelyn that even love is rationed out. When she finds a message from her late husband tucked inside a music box, Jim’s words have the power to change her life: Don't die with me.
Words written out of love, long-lost but never forgotten.
Grief stricken, Evelyn is unsure of how to honor his request, but she finds the courage to keep on living. Jim’s note urges her to give the music box away to unlock the secret within, and although it breaks her heart again, Evelyn trades the music box for a cradle to hold her infant son. Thus begins the decades-long journey of the music box, mending broken hearts, reuniting lost loves, and giving people the courage to heal themselves along the way. This romance crosses battlefields and time as the music box touches the lives of two soldiers, a broken father, a crippled child, a struggling farmer, and a woman once called the soldier's bride.

MY THOUGHTS:
*Sigh* This book was sooooo good I'm kind of sad I'm finished with it. I loved it so much and it isn't very often that you end a book with a giant sigh. The story of the magical music box was so awesome. It all started with a young newly wed couple and then moved on to touch various other people's lives. I loved all the stories. Obviously Evelyn's was the best and the main focus I was so happy with the final ending of her story but I won't ruin it here.. You'll have to read it to find out. I kind of wish there would have been an epilogue to all the stories but I understand that it was really mostly about Evelyn. Rachelle did an amazing job writing this story! I highly recommend it. I'm still on a book high from reading and don't know what else to say but trust me it's amazing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment