Monday, June 22, 2015

At Last: Book 3 in the Love and Weddings Trilogy (Volume 3) by: Shannon Guymon

To learn more about Shannon and her books visit her website:  http://shannonguymon.blogspot.com/

ABOUT THE BOOK:
Maya Tenney just wants to feel safe again. She never would have pictured herself as a woman who runs from danger, but being put in the hospital by a violent man has made her realize that staying alive is more important than her pride. She'll even move in with the grouchiest man she knows if that will scare off her ex.Tristan Jensen knows what it's like to deal with heartbreak, but he's not okay with anyone who hurts women. He's intrigued with Maya but he's done with women who manipulate and use others. Will these two be able to get past their misconceptions of each other or will they let pride destroy what could be a great love story?

MY THOUGHTS:
I knew that if I started this book I wouldn't be able to put it down but I started it around 9pm last night anyway. I read till 2am and then finished it this morning. The town of Fircrest is awesome. The more you read the more you really fall in love with them all. I love how Shannon is able to pull all their stories together how they have formed a bond and really watch out for each other. I loved the theme I got from this book that there is good in people and you can persevere even after hard times. My favorite line from the book is " It’s hard to find someone who’s all good or all bad. Life is a collage of gray areas and it takes compassion and empathy to see that.” Maya and Tristan were both coming from a rough relationship and didn't have trust but without even trying found they had a bond and friendship they couldn't ignore. Their story is a great one and I loved how the whole town pulled together to help them. Shannon has a great gift for story telling and I can't wait for more from Fircrest!

No comments:

Post a Comment