Wednesday, December 17, 2014

You Belong With Me: Book 1 in the Love and Dessert Trilogy by Shannon Guymon

You Belong With Me: Book 1 in the Love and Dessert Trilogy

ABOUT THE BOOK:
Layla Kendall is the oldest of three sisters. She's a burned out social worker one step away from a major depression and she needs a fresh start. When she and her sisters Kit and Jane inherit their grandmother's bakery, she doesn't know if she can trust her good fortune or not. Life has taught her that happiness is just an illusion. But the chance to be with her sisters and get away from the heart ache and pain she's faced day in and day out is a chance she's going to take. The fact that they don't know anything about running a bakery won't stop them. With Layla's new life, come new connections and friendships including Michael Bender, a single dad and someone who wouldn't mind getting to know Layla better. She doesn't trust men and she doesn't want to change her mind but Michael's little girl Stella grabs her by the heart and won't let go. When Layla and her sisters realize that there are people who want to see them fail, it will take a lot of heart and courage to keep going. Layla will have to let go of the past in order to grab onto the future if she'll ever find the love she needs.

MY THOUGHTS:
I loved this book! Layla is the oldest of 3 sisters and she kind of reminded me of my oldest sister in a way. I love that she was able to keep the girls together and be the big sister but at the same time she was able to find love and her happy ending. I also know what it is like to let someone else's daughter into your heart as your own. It was the first of Shannon’s books I read and I was hooked after that! I love all of the people in the little town if Fircrest and I like that if you get more of Shannon’s books you get to read about each one individually and get to know them better. It was another great book to add to my collection. I can’t wait to read the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment